Last updated: 14 July, 2021
Babich Wines respects the privacy of visitors to this site and recognises the importance of protecting any personal information that you may provide to us. This statement sets out Babich Wines’ policy and principles regarding the use of personal information you provide when visiting this site or sending us an email. It also outlines how we use information that we may receive from third parties.
We are committed to protecting your privacy
ABOUT BABICH WINES
Babich Wines is owned and operated by Babich Wines Limited (NZBN: 9429040696706). Babich Wines Limited controls the processing of all personal data collected through this website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Babich Wines may collect a variety of personal information such as:
– First and last name,
– Email address,
– Telephone number, date of birth,
– Address and country of residence
– Financial information (credit card, direct credit details)
Ways in which this information might be gathered include:
– Voluntarily providing it to us through this website (for example, when purchasing from our online shop if you a based in New Zealand, entering competitions conducted by Babich Limited, or submitting contact forms when you request information from us);
– From publicly available sources (such publicly accessible social media profiles); and
– Automatically collecting information when you visit our website (see “Cookies & Tracking Technologies”).
Information may be collected and held either by Babich Wines directly, or on our behalf via our third-party contractors.
Providing us with incomplete or incorrect personal information may prevent us from complying with the purpose for which the information was provided.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
Information collected through the use of tracking technologies such as cookies includes:
– Your IP address
– Your browser
– Pages visited or products searched for
– Your time on site
ACCESS, CORRECTION & OTHER RIGHTS
Your rights to access and correction
You may request access to the personal information we have collected about you, however some circumstances may prevent us from providing you with some or all of the information requested. Administration fees may also apply.
You may request correction of personal information we have collected about you. In the event that we refuse or do not comply with any such request, you are entitled to request a statement be attached to the relevant information that a correction was sought but not made.
European Union residents
If you live in the European Union, you have the following additional rights in relation to personal information that we collect from you:
– You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request transferability of your personal information.
– You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You will typically be informed if we intended to use your data for marketing purposes, before your data is collected. You can exercise this right by checking/unchecking items in the forms on this website, or otherwise by unsubscribing to any of marketing material we send you.
– You can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information we have previously collected with your consent. This will not invalidate processing that has occurred prior to withdrawing your consent.
– You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How personal information is used depends on the method and reason for collection. In most cases, information collected is used to respond to information or product requests from browsers. The intended use of any information provided to Babich Wines may be confirmed at the time it is provided. In addition to the stated purpose of providing the personal information, we may use this information for marketing and promotional purposes, whether from Babich Wines, subsidiary brands, or third-party providers. This includes physical or digital marketing materials such as email, mail, social media, or digital advertising.
Other uses for information collected include but aren’t limited to:
Managing and improving the performance, safety and security of the website;
Delivering more relevant products and services to individual users;
Ensuring access to specific functionality and information on the website; and
Recommending products that may be of interest to you.
Management of personal information
Any information that is collected from you will only be kept for as long as it is required to deliver on the purpose for which it was collected. Information collected with your full consent (e.g. through our online store) will be retained permanently, unless you specifically request it’s deletion. If you wish to delete your information from our database please don’t hesitate to contact us and make this request. Information and data collected via Google Analytics is automatically deleted after 26 months.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Babich Wines will not share personal information with any third party unless there is a legal obligation to do so. Personal information may only be shared with third parties as necessary to deliver the services intended by use of this website. This use will be in accordance with our instructions and will remain our responsibility.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have questions or comments, wish to exercise the rights set out above, feel we have not adhered to the terms of the policy or want to find our more information about Babich Wines’ management of privacy and personal information, please email is at [email protected], subject line PRIVACY.